If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident where someone is injured, or if there is over $1000 in damage to a vehicle or property, you must by law submit an accident report to the Registry of Motor Vehicles within five days.
When filling out an accident report you are required to provide the following information (please print clearly):
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Driver’s License Number
- Registration number (license plate) and state
- Location of accident (street and number, or route number, nearest intersection, and city/town)
- Date and time of accident
- Number of vehicles involved
- Description and diagram of accident
- Signature and date
- Other vehicle information – registration number (license plate) and state*
- Other operator information – name, date of birth, and driver’s license number*
*This information must be provided to the RMV if it has been provided to you as a result of any paperwork exchange at the time of the accident or otherwise. If this information is not known to you, please write UNKNOWN in the applicable section.
Keep in mind that the release of this information by the Registry of Motor Vehicles is restricted by Federal Law, so do not call or visit an RMV Office to request this information.